As a senior scientist you will be responsible for learning how to use and become an expert in our VivoSense® software platform. You will be part of a world-class team that applies this software to clean, analyze and make sense of detailed, high resolution cardio-respiratory data acquired from body worn biosensors.
The senior scientist role will have a majority focus on pulmonary physiology. You will be responsible for initiating, planning, conducting and directing research and development projects to improve VivoSense technical capabilities to expand our product offerings. You will use your deep knowledge of respiratory physiology, research techniques and scientific writing to help develop novel real world digital biomarkers and outcome measures for pharmaceutical clinical research. You will effectively communicate and present your findings to all relevant stakeholders.
The scientist will be a subject matter expert, provide project leadership, and work closely with VivoSense engineers, CEO, CTO and scientific & business advisory teams in implementing your research into the VivoSense® platform for use with research partners and pharmaceutical sponsors. You will apply your self driven, innovative attributes to grow Vivonoetics’ offerings.
We are looking for a talented and ambitious senior scientist with a passion for research and a self starter attitude.
This position has tremendous growth potential for the right candidate.
- Initiate, plan, conduct and direct research into novel endpoints from respiratory focused wearable sensors.
- Work cross-functionally with management, engineering, regulatory, algorithm development and dev-ops teams to integrate research into the VivoSense ® platform
- Develop and present scientific materials as needed
- Provide expert scientific leadership and assistance to management and business development teams.
- Assist with technical support, sales support and client facing conversations
- Expand and develop research tools around VivoSense core technology
Skills and Experience
- PhD in Physiology, Biomedical Engineering, Computational Biology or similar with demonstrated expertise in pulmonary/respiratory physiology
- Strong analytic competency and eye for detail
- 2+ years industry or post-doc experience
- Knowledge and experience applying statistical methods to research
- Self starter with a strong work ethic and results driven
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Additional Desired Skills
- Experience in Pharmaceutical research, clinical trial or product development.
- Experience or knowledge of signal processing and or algorithm development.
- Experience with physiological time-series data (e.g. respiration, sleep or ECG data sets).
- Experience working with wearable physiological monitoring sensors.
- Experience with respiratory inductance plethysmography sensors
Job Type: Full-timeApply Here
Vivonoetics applies cutting-edge body worn bio-sensor technology, software and data analysis for clinical research, revolutionizing the way new treatments get to market. With current digital transformations in the life sciences industry, we are at the forefront of providing advanced clinical tools and services for our clients that now enable accurate and reliable real world acquisition and analysis of complex and noisy biosensor data. Our novel software and services improve the quality, accuracy, timeliness and ease of data analysis of body-worn biosensor data.